Super Smash Bros Camp
Session 5 at Hashtag Arena
Super Smash Bros Camp
Session 5 at Hashtag Arena
Why Super Smash Bros
Super Smash Bros is a crossover fighting game where you face against your opponent to push, knock, and throw them off the map. To win, the player needs to balance creativity, critical thinking skills, and fast reflexes. As one of the most popular esports in the Nintendo franchise, Smash is great for players of all ages!
About Game Gym
Game Gym offers a healthy approach to video games, with structured sessions and professional coaches designed to help kids game better and smarter!
We will work with campers to improve their gaming skills as well as fundamental life skills such as teamwork, public speaking, and critical problem-solving.
What You Will Learn
Over the course of the week, we will work on:
- Getting familiar and proficient at movement and control
- Strategies to win
- Being a good teammate
- Communication with teammates
- How to Control the game with power positions
- Talking to real-life professionals about the gaming industry
- Discussing real-world events in a respectful and engaging way
Questions? Contact Us
Before & After Care Option
BEFORE CARE: 8:00-9:00 AM @ $100/child per week
AFTER CARE: 3:00-6:00 PM @ $200/child per week
Please view details on registration. For the week of July 5-8, the child care cost is adjusted for the 4 days of camp.
General Camp Requirements
- Please have your child wear closed toe shoes for activities outside.
- Please have your child bring a water bottle with their name written on the bottle.
- A gaming station will be provided for each camper.
- The campers game of interest will be installed on each workstation.
- Campers are not required to bring their own equipment.
- If a camper does choose to bring their own controller, mouse, or keyboard, the camper is responsible for their own equipment. We ask that they take the equipment home at the end of each day.
General Game Requirements
- Prior to the start of camp, please have your camper setup an account, if not already setup, for the game they will be playing. Does not apply to Super Smash Bros Camp.
- Please have your camper bring their login information written down on a sticky note for the first day of camp.
- Most of the games the campers play are free to setup an account.
Minecraft Java Edition Requirements
- If you camper is playing Minecraft, there are two versions of Minecraft (Bedrock and Java). Campers will be playing the Java Edition at camp.
- Minecraft Java Edition has a fee of about $26.95. Please purchase a license for your camper at www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition.
- If your camper already has a license for the Minecraft Java Edition, please make sure they have updated to the newest version (Minecraft Release 1.6 or newer).
Links to Setup a Gaming Account
- Minecraft Java Edition
- Rocket League
- Super Smash Bros (not required to have an account)
Lunch & Activities
- At Hashtag Arena an additional lunch fee of $80 will be added during registration. Lunch includes a snack, entrée, drink and chips/salad. No outside food or drink is allowed at Hashtag Arena and campers are able to purchase additional snacks during breaks.
- Please have your child wear closed toes shoes for activities.
- Every camper and coach are required to provide a negative Covid-19 PCR or Rapid test result taken within the last 24-48 hours prior to the start of camp. Please show this negative result with a date and time stamp to your site lead on Monday morning upon drop off.
- Game Gym requires all staff and campers to wear masks while indoors.
- Covid-19 Vaccinations and boosters are required for all in-person Game Gym Staff.
- It is not required but encouraged all campers who are eligible for the vaccination receive it.
Note: Our Covid-19 Policies are based on the CDC Guidelines.
Maximum of 30 seats
Hashtag Arena: Campers will continuously be monitored by a Game Gym certified site lead and coaches. Please note Hashtag Gaming Arena (HGA) is an active business. Camps at HGA are sectioned off but the storefront is accessible to customers of HGA during camp hours, before-care, and after-care hours. Bathrooms are individual but accessible by campers, customers, and employees.
Camper Conduct: No refunds will be provided for not adhering to appropriate code of camper conduct. For minor infractions, two (2) calls will be made to a parent or guardian to help agree upon the best possible solution, before a decision to remove the child from any camp session.
Camp Cancellation: Any cancellation request must be provided in writing via email to our Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests submitted more than two weeks in advance will receive a full credit towards another Game Gym camp (in-person or virtual) or another Game Gym service. Cancellation requests submitted less than two weeks in advance will receive a full credit towards another Game Gym camp (in-person or virtual) or another Game Gym service, minus a $50.00 processing fee.
Camp Enrollment: A minimum number of campers is required for enrollment in order for that specific week of camp to be held. This applies for all in-person and virtual camps. If a minimum number of campers is not met for enrollment, families may have the option to switch to another week where enrollment is met.
Sample Camp Schedule
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM
- Arrival and Morning Meeting
- Announcements, plan of the day, warm up game or discussion
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 PM
- Morning Sessions lead by a Special Guest or Game Gym Coach
- Focus on teambuilding opportunities as you meet your fellow campers for the week and diving into important topics: health, nutrition, mental health, communication, the business of esports
- 11:30 PM – 12:00 PM
- Exercise or Choice Time
- Join in exercises led by a coach or have the chance to engage in outdoor activities
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Campers will eat outside depending on weather
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Game Training Session
- Campers practice specific game related skills and strategies with a Game Gym Certified Coach