Smash Bros Camp I
As one of the most popular esports in the Nintendo franchise, Smash is great for players of all ages!
July 5 to July 9
11 AM to 4 PM EST
detailed schedule below
Game Gym offers a healthy approach to video games, with structured sessions and professional coaches designed to help kids game better and smarter!
We will work with campers to improve their gaming skills as well as fundamental life skills such as teamwork, public speaking, and critical problem-solving.
Over the course of the week, we will work on:
- Getting familiar and proficient at movement and control
- Strategies to win
- Being a good teammate
- Communication with teammates
- How to Control the game with power positions
- Talking to real-life professionals about the gaming industry
- Discussing real-world events in a respectful and engaging way
Campers are placed into a class by age and skill level.
Each game session (I, II, and III) will have different topics and focus. Session I is not required to take session II or III.
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Morning Meeting via Zoom
- Announcements, plan of the day, warm up game or discussion
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Skills Session via Zoom
- Conversation with a special guest or Game Gym Coach about an important topic: health, nutrition, mental health, communication, confidence, the business of esports
- 12:50 PM - 1:00 PM
- Stretching Exercises
- Campers participate in instruction stretching exercises
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Break for lunch
- Zoom lunch optional
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Gaming Session via Discord
- Camp breaks up into small groups by age and skill to practice specific skills and strategies