Game Gym is looking for an Operations Manager!
About Game Gym
Game Gym is the conduit through which the local community interacts with esports. We are your friendly neighborhood esports training center, think of us as Average Joe’s gym, but for esports. Our goal is to help people get better at their games, help our community learn healthy gaming habits, and provide a place for gamers, coaches, and parents can play and learn in a safe and creative environment. We run camps, teach classes, celebrate birthdays, and organize tournaments at our headquarters in Rockville, MD.
About the Position
To help Game Gym fire on all cylinders, we need a reliable, part-time Operations Manager to run point on our day-to-day operations. We are looking for an esports loving Jack or Jill of all trades to manage the many activities, events, and tournaments Game Gym hosts. Our Operations Manager brings consistency, the ability to think outside of the box, and a welcoming vibe to the Gym.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for esports, community building, and mentoring future generation of gamers. You’ve worn many hats and you have experience managing events, esports programs, or youth programs. In addition to game knowledge, you also have a solid understanding of computer hardware and software. You are a problem solver and someone who can foresee future issues and nip potential problems before they arise.
Sound like you? Send a resume and cover letter to Admin@gamegym.com.
Looking forward to meeting you!
- Mentor gamers in our community
- Open and close Game Gym HQ
- Ensure computers and consoles are up to date and in good working order
- Set up and break down of birthdays, tournaments, and events
- Maintain Game Gym website + calendar
- Monitor Gym supplies inventory
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Communicate important facility needs and issues
- Assist in day-to-day business operations
- Run Gym related errands
- High school degree or GED
- Ability to pass a background check
- Experience organizing events, teams, programs, or camps
- Reliable transportation
- Strong communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to work well under pressure